Sacramento @ Portland
Current Records: Sacramento 14-21; Portland 20-14
What to Know
The Portland Trail Blazers are 15-5 against the Sacramento Kings since December of 2015, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success on Thursday. They will face off at 10 p.m. ET March 4 at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. The two teams each escaped (but just barely!) with wins against their previous opponents.
The Trail Blazers sure made it a nail-biter, but they managed to escape with a 108-106 win over the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday. Rip City’s power forward Carmelo Anthony filled up the stat sheet, picking up 22 points.
Speaking of close games: on Wednesday Sacramento sidestepped the Los Angeles Lakers for a 123-120 victory. The Kings can attribute much of their success to shooting guard Buddy Hield, who shot 7-for-11 from beyond the arc and finished with 29 points, six dimes and six boards.
Portland is the favorite in this one, with an expected 4.5-point margin of victory. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The wins brought Rip City up to 20-14 and Sacramento to 14-21. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Portland has only been able to knock down 44.40% percent of their shots, which is the fifth lowest field goal percentage in the league. Sacramento has experienced some struggles of their own as they have allowed their opponents to shoot 49.30% from the floor on average, which is the highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter — Portland, Oregon
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Trail Blazers are a 4.5-point favorite against the Kings, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Portland have won 15 out of their last 20 games against Sacramento.
- Jan 13, 2021 – Portland 132 vs. Sacramento 126
- Jan 09, 2021 – Portland 125 vs. Sacramento 99
- Mar 07, 2020 – Sacramento 123 vs. Portland 111
- Dec 04, 2019 – Portland 127 vs. Sacramento 116
- Nov 12, 2019 – Sacramento 107 vs. Portland 99
- Oct 25, 2019 – Portland 122 vs. Sacramento 112
- Apr 10, 2019 – Portland 136 vs. Sacramento 131
- Jan 14, 2019 – Sacramento 115 vs. Portland 107
- Jan 01, 2019 – Portland 113 vs. Sacramento 108
- Feb 27, 2018 – Portland 116 vs. Sacramento 99
- Feb 09, 2018 – Portland 118 vs. Sacramento 100
- Nov 18, 2017 – Portland 102 vs. Sacramento 90
- Nov 17, 2017 – Sacramento 86 vs. Portland 82
- Dec 28, 2016 – Portland 102 vs. Sacramento 89
- Dec 20, 2016 – Sacramento 126 vs. Portland 121
- Nov 11, 2016 – Portland 122 vs. Sacramento 120
- Apr 05, 2016 – Portland 115 vs. Sacramento 107
- Mar 28, 2016 – Portland 105 vs. Sacramento 93
- Jan 26, 2016 – Portland 112 vs. Sacramento 97
- Dec 27, 2015 – Portland 98 vs. Sacramento 94
Injury Report for Portland
- Harry Giles III: Game-Time Decision (Calf)
- Jusuf Nurkic: Out (Wrist)
- CJ McCollum: Out (Foot)
- Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Sacramento
- Buddy Hield: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Hassan Whiteside: Out (Covid-19)
- Jabari Parker: Out (Covid-19)
- Tyrese Haliburton: Out (Calf)
- Chimezie Metu: Out (Wrist)
- Robert Woodard II: Out (Hamstring)