Washington @ Denver
Current Records: Washington 11-18; Denver 17-14
What to Know
This Thursday, the Washington Wizards are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 119.86 points per matchup. They will take on the Denver Nuggets at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday at Ball Arena. If the game is anything like Washington’s 130-128 win from their previous meeting in February, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
On Tuesday, the Wizards lost to the Los Angeles Clippers on the road by a decisive 135-116 margin. Washington’s defeat shouldn’t obscure the performances of shooting guard Bradley Beal, who posted a double-double on 28 points and ten dimes, and center Moe Wagner, who had 21 points and five assists in addition to seven rebounds.
Meanwhile, it was all tied up 57-57 at the half for Denver and the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday, but Denver stepped up in the second half for a 111-106 victory. It was another big night for Denver’s center Nikola Jokic, who had 41 points and five assists along with five boards.
Washington is expected to lose this next one by 7.5. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with the Wizards, who are 14-15 against the spread.
Denver’s win lifted them to 17-14 while Washington’s loss dropped them down to 11-18. We’ll see if the Nuggets can repeat their recent success or if Washington bounces back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Ball Arena — Denver, Colorado
- TV: Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Nuggets are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Wizards, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nuggets as a 7-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Washington have won six out of their last 11 games against Denver.
- Feb 17, 2021 – Washington 130 vs. Denver 128
- Jan 04, 2020 – Washington 128 vs. Denver 114
- Nov 26, 2019 – Denver 117 vs. Washington 104
- Mar 31, 2019 – Washington 95 vs. Denver 90
- Mar 21, 2019 – Denver 113 vs. Washington 108
- Mar 23, 2018 – Denver 108 vs. Washington 100
- Oct 23, 2017 – Washington 109 vs. Denver 104
- Mar 08, 2017 – Washington 123 vs. Denver 113
- Dec 08, 2016 – Washington 92 vs. Denver 85
- Mar 12, 2016 – Denver 116 vs. Washington 100
- Jan 28, 2016 – Denver 117 vs. Washington 113
Injury Report for Denver
- Greg Whittington: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Paul Millsap: Out (Knee)
- JaMychal Green: Out (Shoulder)
- Gary Harris: Out (Thigh)
- PJ Dozier: Out (Hamstring)
Injury Report for Washington
- Davis Bertans: Out (Knee)
- Ish Smith: Out (Quadriceps)
- Thomas Bryant: Out for the Season (Knee)