Through 1 Quarter
The experts predicted a victory for the Miami Heat, but it’s no sure thing at this point. a win is still up for grabs for either team after one quarter, but they are up 23-21 over the Oklahoma City ThunderNobody has stood out from the pack for Miami offensively yet.
Both the Heat and Oklahoma City padded the win column in their previous outings. We’ll see if Miami can maintain their lead to polish off another win and cancel out Oklahoma City’s positive energy.
Miami @ Oklahoma City
Current Records: Miami 13-17; Oklahoma City 12-18
What to Know
The Miami Heat will take on the Oklahoma City Thunder at 9 p.m. ET on Monday at Chesapeake Energy Arena. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
It was a close one, but this past Saturday Miami sidestepped the Los Angeles Lakers for a 96-94 win. The Heat can attribute much of their success to shooting guard Kendrick Nunn, who shot 5-for-6 from downtown and finished with 27 points and five boards.
Meanwhile, Oklahoma City strolled past the Cleveland Cavaliers with points to spare on Sunday, taking the matchup 117-101. Oklahoma City’s shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander did his thing and had 31 points and nine assists.
Miami is the favorite in this one, with an expected 7-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 5-11-1 against the spread when favored.
Miami is now 13-17 while the Thunder sit at 12-18. The Heat are 5-7 after wins this year, Oklahoma City 3-8.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Chesapeake Energy Arena — Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- TV: Fox SportsNet Oklahoma
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Heat are a solid 7-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Heat, as the game opened with the Heat as a 5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Oklahoma City have won seven out of their last 11 games against Miami.
- Jan 04, 2021 – Miami 118 vs. Oklahoma City 90
- Aug 12, 2020 – Oklahoma City 116 vs. Miami 115
- Jan 17, 2020 – Miami 115 vs. Oklahoma City 108
- Mar 18, 2019 – Miami 116 vs. Oklahoma City 107
- Feb 01, 2019 – Oklahoma City 118 vs. Miami 102
- Apr 09, 2018 – Oklahoma City 115 vs. Miami 93
- Mar 23, 2018 – Oklahoma City 105 vs. Miami 99
- Dec 27, 2016 – Oklahoma City 106 vs. Miami 94
- Nov 07, 2016 – Oklahoma City 97 vs. Miami 85
- Jan 17, 2016 – Oklahoma City 99 vs. Miami 74
- Dec 03, 2015 – Miami 97 vs. Oklahoma City 95
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Al Horford: Out (Rest)
- George Hill: Out (Thumb)
- Trevor Ariza: Out (Personal)
Injury Report for Miami
- Gabe Vincent: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Goran Dragic: Out (Ankle)
- Tyler Herro: Out (Hip)
- Chris Silva: Out (Hip)
- Avery Bradley: Out (Calf)
- Meyers Leonard: Out for the Season (Shoulder)