Through 1 Quarter
Although the Los Angeles Clippers were the underdogs at tipoff, they’ve since taken control of the game. They currently hold a 25-24 lead over the Utah Jazz. The Clippers’ offense has come from several players so far.
Both Los Angeles and Utah padded the win column in their previous outings. We’ll see if Los Angeles can maintain their lead to polish off another victory and cancel out Utah’s positive energy.
Utah @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Utah 23-5; Los Angeles 21-8
What to Know
The Utah Jazz have enjoyed the comforts of home their last four games, but now they must head out on the road. They will square off against the Los Angeles Clippers at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Staples Center. Keep an eye on the score for this one: these two teams posted some lofty points totals in their previous games, so things might heat up even more when they meet.
The Philadelphia 76ers typically have all the answers at home, but on Monday Utah proved too difficult a challenge. The Jazz captured a comfortable 134-123 win. Utah’s point guard Jordan Clarkson was one of the most active players for the squad, shooting 8-for-13 from beyond the arc and finishing with 40 points.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles was able to grind out a solid victory over the Miami Heat on Monday, winning 125-118. Los Angeles’ small forward Marcus Morris looked sharp as he shot 6-for-8 from downtown and finished with 32 points.
Utah is the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a seven-game streak of ATS wins.
Utah is now 23-5 while the Clippers sit at 21-8. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Jazz have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 44%, which places them third in the league. But Los Angeles comes into the game boasting the third highest field goal percentage in the league at 48.70%. We’ll see which of these strengths — offense or defense — will win out.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center — Los Angeles, California
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Jazz are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Clippers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Jazz as a 2.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Utah have won 14 out of their last 25 games against Los Angeles.
- Jan 01, 2021 – Utah 106 vs. Los Angeles 100
- Dec 28, 2019 – Utah 120 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Nov 03, 2019 – Los Angeles 105 vs. Utah 94
- Oct 30, 2019 – Utah 110 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Apr 10, 2019 – Los Angeles 143 vs. Utah 137
- Feb 27, 2019 – Utah 111 vs. Los Angeles 105
- Jan 16, 2019 – Utah 129 vs. Los Angeles 109
- Apr 05, 2018 – Utah 117 vs. Los Angeles 95
- Jan 20, 2018 – Utah 125 vs. Los Angeles 113
- Nov 30, 2017 – Utah 126 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Oct 24, 2017 – Los Angeles 102 vs. Utah 84
- Apr 30, 2017 – Utah 104 vs. Los Angeles 91
- Apr 28, 2017 – Los Angeles 98 vs. Utah 93
- Apr 25, 2017 – Utah 96 vs. Los Angeles 92
- Apr 23, 2017 – Utah 105 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Apr 21, 2017 – Los Angeles 111 vs. Utah 106
- Apr 18, 2017 – Los Angeles 99 vs. Utah 91
- Apr 15, 2017 – Utah 97 vs. Los Angeles 95
- Mar 25, 2017 – Los Angeles 108 vs. Utah 95
- Mar 13, 2017 – Utah 114 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Feb 13, 2017 – Los Angeles 88 vs. Utah 72
- Oct 30, 2016 – Los Angeles 88 vs. Utah 75
- Apr 08, 2016 – Los Angeles 102 vs. Utah 99
- Dec 26, 2015 – Los Angeles 109 vs. Utah 104
- Nov 25, 2015 – Utah 102 vs. Los Angeles 91
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Nicolas Batum: Out (Concussion)
- Kawhi Leonard: Out (Lower Leg)
- Paul George: Out (Toe)
- Daniel Oturu: Game-Time Decision (Quadriceps)
- Jay Scrubb: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Utah
- Elijah Hughes: Out (Ankle)
- Mike Conley: Out (Hamstring)
- Udoka Azubuike: Out (Ankle)