Oklahoma City @ Memphis
Current Records: Oklahoma City 11-16; Memphis 11-12
What to Know
The Oklahoma City Thunder have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. They and the Memphis Grizzlies will face off at 9 p.m. ET Feb. 17 at FedExForum without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this matchup.
The contest between Oklahoma City and the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday was not a total blowout, but with the Thunder falling 115-104 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. The losing side was boosted by small forward Luguentz Dort, who had 23 points along with six rebounds.
Meanwhile, Memphis took a serious blow against the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday, falling 144-113. Memphis was down 101-81 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Memphis’ defeat came about despite a quality game from point guard Ja Morant, who had 28 points and eight assists in addition to seven boards.
Oklahoma City is expected to lose this next one by 7. The odds have been favorable for them against the spread on the road this season, even if it’s been tough sledding overall. They are 11-3 ATS in away games but only 16-11 all in all.
Oklahoma City suffered a grim 121-92 defeat to the Grizzlies when the two teams previously met in August of last year. Can the Thunder avenge their loss, or is history doomed to repeat itself? We’ll soon find out.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum — Memphis, Tennessee
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Grizzlies are a solid 7-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Oklahoma City have won 12 out of their last 17 games against Memphis.
- Aug 07, 2020 – Memphis 121 vs. Oklahoma City 92
- Dec 26, 2019 – Memphis 110 vs. Oklahoma City 97
- Dec 18, 2019 – Oklahoma City 126 vs. Memphis 122
- Mar 25, 2019 – Memphis 115 vs. Oklahoma City 103
- Mar 03, 2019 – Oklahoma City 99 vs. Memphis 95
- Feb 07, 2019 – Oklahoma City 117 vs. Memphis 95
- Apr 11, 2018 – Oklahoma City 137 vs. Memphis 123
- Feb 14, 2018 – Oklahoma City 121 vs. Memphis 114
- Feb 11, 2018 – Oklahoma City 110 vs. Memphis 92
- Dec 09, 2017 – Oklahoma City 102 vs. Memphis 101
- Apr 05, 2017 – Oklahoma City 103 vs. Memphis 100
- Feb 03, 2017 – Oklahoma City 114 vs. Memphis 102
- Jan 11, 2017 – Oklahoma City 103 vs. Memphis 95
- Dec 29, 2016 – Memphis 114 vs. Oklahoma City 80
- Jan 06, 2016 – Oklahoma City 112 vs. Memphis 94
- Dec 08, 2015 – Oklahoma City 125 vs. Memphis 88
- Nov 16, 2015 – Memphis 122 vs. Oklahoma City 114
Injury Report for Memphis
- Justise Winslow: Out (Hip)
- Desmond Bane: Out (Personal)
- De’Anthony Melton: Out (Shoulder)
- Killian Tillie: Out (Foot)
- Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Al Horford: Out (Rest)
- Aleksej Pokusevski: Out (Foot)
- George Hill: Out (Thumb)
- Trevor Ariza: Out (Personal)