Los Angeles @ Minnesota
Current Records: Los Angeles 21-7; Minnesota 7-20
What to Know
This Tuesday, the Minnesota Timberwolves are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 115.7 points per contest. They will be playing at home against the Los Angeles Lakers at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday. The Timberwolves should still be feeling good after a victory, while Los Angeles will be looking to regain their footing.
Minnesota came out on top in a nail-biter against the Toronto Raptors on Sunday, sneaking past 116-112. The top scorers for Minnesota were shooting guard Malik Beasley (20 points), center Karl-Anthony Towns (20 points), and shooting guard Anthony Edwards (18 points).
Meanwhile, Los Angeles lost to the Denver Nuggets on the road by a decisive 122-105 margin. One thing holding Los Angeles back was the mediocre play of point guard Dennis Schroder, who did not have his best game: he finished with only eight points on 3-for-10 shooting in his 27 minutes on the court.
The Timberwolves are expected to lose this next one by 6.5. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Minnesota, who are 13-13-1 against the spread.
Minnesota took a serious blow against Los Angeles in the teams’ previous meeting last December, falling 127-91. Maybe Minnesota will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the game and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: The Sports Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Lakers are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Lakers as a 7.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Minnesota have won 11 out of their last 17 games against Los Angeles.
- Dec 27, 2020 – Los Angeles 127 vs. Minnesota 91
- Dec 08, 2019 – Los Angeles 142 vs. Minnesota 125
- Jan 24, 2019 – Minnesota 120 vs. Los Angeles 105
- Jan 06, 2019 – Minnesota 108 vs. Los Angeles 86
- Nov 07, 2018 – Los Angeles 114 vs. Minnesota 110
- Oct 29, 2018 – Minnesota 124 vs. Los Angeles 120
- Apr 06, 2018 – Minnesota 113 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Feb 15, 2018 – Minnesota 119 vs. Los Angeles 111
- Jan 01, 2018 – Minnesota 114 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Dec 25, 2017 – Minnesota 121 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Apr 09, 2017 – Los Angeles 110 vs. Minnesota 109
- Mar 30, 2017 – Minnesota 119 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Mar 24, 2017 – Los Angeles 130 vs. Minnesota 119
- Nov 13, 2016 – Minnesota 125 vs. Los Angeles 99
- Feb 02, 2016 – Los Angeles 119 vs. Minnesota 115
- Dec 09, 2015 – Minnesota 123 vs. Los Angeles 122
- Oct 28, 2015 – Minnesota 112 vs. Los Angeles 111
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Jarrett Culver: Out (Ankle)
- D’Angelo Russell: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- LeBron James: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Alex Caruso: Game-Time Decision (Hand)
- Kostas Antetokounmpo: Out (Knee)
- Anthony Davis: Out (Calf)