Memphis @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Memphis 10-10; Los Angeles 20-6
What to Know
After a two-game homestand, the Memphis Grizzlies will be on the road. They will square off against the Los Angeles Lakers at 10 p.m. ET on Friday at Staples Center. Both teams come into the contest bolstered by wins in their previous games.
While not quite a landslide, the game between Memphis and the Charlotte Hornets on Wednesday was still a pretty decisive one as the Grizzlies wrapped it up with a 130-114 win at home. Among those leading the charge for Memphis was small forward Kyle Anderson, who shot 6-for-8 from beyond the arc and finished with 27 points.
Meanwhile, it may have taken overtime to finish the job, but Los Angeles ultimately got the result they were hoping for on Wednesday with a 114-113 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder. The win came about thanks to a strong surge after the first quarter to overcome a 37-23 deficit. Los Angeles’ success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but small forward LeBron James led the charge as he had 25 points and seven assists along with six boards.
Memphis is expected to lose this next one by 8.5. The odds have been favorable for them against the spread on the road this season, even if it’s been tough sledding overall. They are 6-3 ATS in away games but only 10-9-1 all in all.
The Grizzlies are now 10-10 while the Lakers sit at 20-6. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Memphis ranks first in the league when it comes to steals per game, with 9.8 on average. Less enviably, Los Angeles has allowed their opponents an average of 8.3 steals per game, the fifth most in the league. In other words, they will need to work extra hard to take care of the ball.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center — Los Angeles, California
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Lakers are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Grizzlies, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Lakers as a 7.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Los Angeles have won 11 out of their last 20 games against Memphis.
- Jan 05, 2021 – Los Angeles 94 vs. Memphis 92
- Jan 03, 2021 – Los Angeles 108 vs. Memphis 94
- Feb 29, 2020 – Memphis 105 vs. Los Angeles 88
- Feb 21, 2020 – Los Angeles 117 vs. Memphis 105
- Nov 23, 2019 – Los Angeles 109 vs. Memphis 108
- Oct 29, 2019 – Los Angeles 120 vs. Memphis 91
- Feb 25, 2019 – Memphis 110 vs. Los Angeles 105
- Dec 23, 2018 – Memphis 107 vs. Los Angeles 99
- Dec 08, 2018 – Los Angeles 111 vs. Memphis 88
- Mar 24, 2018 – Los Angeles 100 vs. Memphis 93
- Jan 15, 2018 – Memphis 123 vs. Los Angeles 114
- Dec 27, 2017 – Memphis 109 vs. Los Angeles 99
- Nov 05, 2017 – Los Angeles 107 vs. Memphis 102
- Apr 02, 2017 – Los Angeles 108 vs. Memphis 103
- Jan 03, 2017 – Los Angeles 116 vs. Memphis 102
- Dec 03, 2016 – Memphis 103 vs. Los Angeles 100
- Mar 22, 2016 – Los Angeles 107 vs. Memphis 100
- Feb 26, 2016 – Memphis 112 vs. Los Angeles 95
- Feb 24, 2016 – Memphis 128 vs. Los Angeles 119
- Dec 27, 2015 – Memphis 112 vs. Los Angeles 96
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- LeBron James: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Jared Dudley: Game-Time Decision (Calf)
- Anthony Davis: Game-Time Decision (Achilles)
- Alex Caruso: Game-Time Decision (Hand)
- Kostas Antetokounmpo: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Memphis
- Sean McDermott: Out (Shoulder)
- Brandon Clarke: Out (Calf)
- Killian Tillie: Out (Foot)
- Desmond Bane: Out (Personal)
- De’Anthony Melton: Out (Shoulder)
- Justise Winslow: Out (Hip)
- Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee)